Peikko Group’s Finnish subsidiary Peikko Finland Oy has received substantial orders for foundation solutions for wind turbines in Finland. The delivery scope varies between the different projects from foundation components (anchor bolts, anchor and template rings, rebar splicing, shear reinforcement, disposable foundation forms), to foundation design and complete foundation reinforcement including design and assembly. Altogether Peikko delivers foundation technology to 63 foundations of around 80 wind turbine foundation projects currently under construction in Finland. Peikko’s deliveries are made between January and August 2014 mainly from Peikko’s Finnish manufacturing unit.
- Luhanka, developer Ilmatar Wind, 6 pcs of 3.3 MW Vestas turbines, hub height 140 m, foundation construction by Keski-Suomen Betonirakenne
- Vaasa, developer EPV Tuulivoima, 16 pcs of 3.3 MW Vestas turbines, hub height 140 m, foundation construction by EPV Tuulivoima
- Kalajoki, developer Tuuliwatti, 22 pcs of 3.3 MW Vestas turbines, hub height 137 m, foundation construction by YIT
- Siikainen, developer Tuuliwatti, 8 pcs of 3.3 MW Vestas turbines, hub height 137 m, foundation construction by YIT
- Sodankylä, developer Impax Asset Management, 9 3 MW Nordex turbines, hub height 120 m, foundation construction by Keski-Suomen Betonirakenne
- Hilskansaari, developer Empower, 1 pc of 2 MW Vestas turbine, hub height 75 m, foundation construction by Empower
- Taivassalo, developer Suomituuli, 1 pc of 2 MW Vestas turbine, hub height 75 m, foundation construction by Suomituuli
”Peikko has a strong focus in developing anchoring solutions for onshore wind turbine foundations. Our foundation solution is flexible and it can be tailored according to customer needs to comprise components, design or the complete foundation reinforcement package including design and assembly. This gives us flexibility in different sized projects. Our efficient production units in Europe enable reliable deliveries. We are especially proud that our foundation solution has been used with turbines of all major turbine manufacturers.” states Topi Paananen, CEO of Peikko Group Corporation.
Topi Paananen, CEO, Peikko Group Corporation, Mobile +358 50 384 3001,
Email: [email protected]
Esa Rusila, Managing Director, Peikko Finland Oy, Mobile +358 500
Email: [email protected]
Main media, Peikko websites
Peikko Group in brief:
Peikko Group Corporation is a leading global supplier of concrete connections and composite structures. Peikko’s innovative solutions make the customers’ building process faster, easier and more reliable. Peikko has subsidiaries in 30 countries in Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, and North America, with manufacturing operations in 9 countries. Peikko’s net sales in 2013 were EUR 126 million. Peikko is a family-owned and run company with over 1000 professionals. Peikko was founded in 1965 and is headquartered in Lahti, Finland. Further information: www.peikko.com